Oklahoma City,Oklahoma,United States6K8CP5
Boeing Defense, Space & Security is seeking experienced / lead Systems Engineers (Level 5) to support the Bombers, Airborne Surveillance and Military/Government Executive Transport Systems Engineering, Integration and Test (SEIT) teams. These positions are located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
These unique roles require an understanding of engineering processes and the ability to communicate engineering requirements into a contractually sound technical baseline. The individual must be enthusiastic and hands on in their approach and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Some travel may be required, and may be for extended periods of time working away from the OKC location.
- Working closely with other engineering disciplines in an integrated team environment to develop procurement specifications and statements of work for a variety of complex systems.
- Performs stakeholder needs analysis, technical measure definition, and requirements analysis, allocation and definition.
- Uses the structured requirements process to ensure requirements are clear, unambiguous verifiable and affordable.
- Performs cost vs. requirements trade studies, cost driver analysis, and analysis of supplier cost proposals using parametric cost modeling techniques.
- Assists with various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture.
- Assists with analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Minimum 9 years experience with Systems Engineering principles.
Preferred Skills (Assets):
- Experience leading projects and initiatives across multiple functions.
- 9 years experience developing supplier requirements (SSOWs, interface control documents, specification control documents).
- Experience leading design review presentations.
- Experience with Aircraft avionics and test integration.
- Experience with Flight deck integration.
- Experience with Network Protocol (e.g., Ethernet, MIL-STD-1553, ARINC-429).
- Experience with Navigation, weapons, communication and sensor integration.
Typical Education / Experience:
Bachelor's 14 or more years' experience, Master's with 12 or more years' experience or PhD with 9 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation is available for eligible candidates. Final eligibility will be determined by Boeing's Relocation Service Provider.
Yes, 25 % of the TimeSSMIndividual ContributorNoNoStandardUnited States; The Boeing CompanyTinker AFB;Oklahoma;United States~
Associated topics: equipment, ip, maintenance, network, satcom, server, system engineer, system specialist, system technician, technician