THE COMPANY - M&G Foodstuff is not your regular catering company we are a young dynamic food company with a unique approach. We create vibrant, seasonal and health centric food with ALWAYS a focus on quality! We work with the top producers, photographers and fashion labels in NYC and we are looking to grow our team with other like minded individuals.
This is a role for a passionate, experienced and motivated Head Chef who is looking for that dream role to really inspire them! We are looking for an individual who shares the same creative vision as we do at M&G, to create beautifully simplistic food. Someone who knows the importance of quality and the difference, has a real depth of knowledge and understanding when it comes to flavour profiles and ingredients but who is also inspired to continue to keep learning. This will still be a very hands on role, so we need someone who still likes to be involved in the day to day action.
As Chef De Partie you will be:
- Directing and managing all food service & preparation activities and most importantly upholding the high quality standards set forth by M&G.
- Creating & implementing new seasonal menus which are in line with the M&G food philosophy.
- High level management position manage all staffing activities, including daily assignment of kitchen roles, rostering, hiring and training all new kitchen staff.
- Tight daily management of all food and staffing costs
- Management of all ordering including food, supplies, equipment and all other related items.
- Management of all necessary administration duties.
- Management of kitchen hygiene standards and complying with sanitation and health regulations.
- Working closely with our Events management team in order to build new business and attending pitch/client sales meetings where necessary.
- Must have a natural nuance with food, a sophisticated palette and an excellent knowledge of a wide variety of food processes and cuisines.
-GREAT management skills is an absolute MUST!!!
- AMAZING communication & Leadership skills!
- EXTREMELY detail orientated.
- TEAM PLAYER with a positive attitude always, you need to be able to motivate your team.
- Very capable in delegating tasks to the appropriate staff members
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently.
- Great Time Management skills and ridiculously punctual, NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Be highly skilled with hygiene practices
Certification and Experience:
- NY food handlers certificate
- Candidate must have 5 years experience in a high level kitchen position with an excellent record of kitchen management.
- High volume restaurant or catering experience needed
- Needs to be very computer literate and have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- NYS drivers license with clean record is a plus
Hours: FULL TIME Hours needed are generally Monday to Friday approx 6am - 5pm. Some weekend work will be expected.
PLEASE SEND Up to date Resume with a cover page about your experience & cooking style and any other relevant information.
Loading some great jobs for you...