Senior Wetland Scientist/Environmental Scientist - Stantec Inc (Teaneck)
Compensation: $89,235.00 - $132,000.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
The role of Senior Wetland Scientist/Environmental Scientist will be to perform project research, planning and development, permitting, compliance monitoring and technical support in relation to natural resources services. You will also manage projects through the lifecycle, from project opening to project closure and mentor supporting staff.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Delineate and characterize wetlands and other water resources
- Conduct botanical surveys, natural community mapping, and ecological impact assessments
- Assist with the coordination and management of environmental permitting, assessment, and/or compliance work related to various federal and state agency requirements as they pertain to a variety of project types including oil and gas, renewable energy, energy transmission and generation facilities, transportation, and private development projects
- Assist with the preparation, review, and editing of technical documents, such as environmental assessments, environmental impact statements, and other and technical reports
- Participate in multi-disciplinary environmental assessments; recording, entering, organizing, managing, and analyzing data
- Write technical reports for client and regulatory agency review
- Attend client and regulatory agency meetings and providing recommendations and input
- Prepare environmental permitting and reporting, conduct and/or lead field work, and manage existing and/or new projects
- Ensure QA/QC and H&S requirements and procedures are identified and followed throughout a project's life cycle
- Project management responsibilities include developing proposals; managing projects and budgets; coordinating with clients, stakeholders, and internal project staff; and performing and overseeing project technical work
- Provide staff mentorship and training
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrated experience with plant, soil, and wetland identification and characterization in the Mid-Atlantic region
- Field experience delineating wetlands according to US Army Corps of Engineers Manual and the corresponding Regional Supplements
- Ability to communicate effectively and function as part of a team
- Strong interest in ecosystems, natural resource conservation, and the outdoors
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems using critical thinking and practical problem solving, complete field work with consideration to their own and the team's safety, and a good sense of direction
- Builds and maintains productive professional and personal networking relationships
- Maintain a high level of positivity, particularly in challenging environments and harsh environmental conditions
- Proficient in policies and procedures for Health & Safety including client-specific training, leads by example, and applies these policies and procedures as appropriate to their work
- Solid skills in technical writing
- Experience driving/navigating in remote locations, and previous experience with GPS and mobile technologies are required
- A valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record are required
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, or related field
- Minimum 10 years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education (e.g., advanced degree) and experience in wetlands, botany, or soil science
- Project and task management experience is preferred
The role requires a mix of jobsite and office functions and travel will be required. Time spent in the office environment will include prolonged sitting and computer work. Time spent in the jobsite environment will involve standing and walking for long periods of time, walking on uneven surfaces in remote terrain and exposure to wildlife and inclement weather. Must be able to lift, move, and carry up to 50 lbs on a repeated basis throughout the work shift
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Associated topics: bioassay, climate, conservation, ecological, epa, ocean, sustainable, waste, water monitoring, wetlands
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...